Sunday, May 20, 2012

The Theory of God and the Bible Part II

I saw a speaker recently who talked about forgiveness. She mentioned that if we do not forgive others, our Father in Heaven would not forgive us. This to many is one of the greatest theories in the Bible. We all want to have God forgive us for our messed up ways, but let somebody else cross us and forgiveness becomes a theory quickly. We will hold on to a grudge for as long as possible and yet we act as if we have forever to hold on to them. I have been reading books and articles about Christian marriages and divorces and I realize that people don't truly believe in their vows. When people are getting married they say till death do us part and for better or for worse. Many will say that that marriage is a covenant that cannot be broken but let the marriage start going sour and all of these things become theory. God becomes theory again and His Word becomes a set of well crafted theories. As much as I hate to admit it, God has been a theory to me for a long time. I truly believe that He exists but when I need to truly trust in Him, He becomes academic to me. I realize that I have trouble sleeping and trouble eating when trials and tribulations come upon me. I can tell you all of the Scriptures that say to ask God and believe that He will do for you but for me that is just theory. I don't truly believe it because if I did, I would leave it all to Him. It's crazy how many church going women I know who refuse to submit themselves to their husbands. They find all excuses in the world not to do it and even when presented with the Word, they ignore it. God again has become academic to them. In theory it sounds great but the reality seems to be much different. Instead of thus sayeth the Lord, it becomes well that was before women had jobs or whatever excuses can be made. They say that now preachers don't add submission into vows because today's Christian woman does not like it in there. The point of this writing is not to make Christian folks mad but it is to make some of us realize that we view God and the Word as academic theory. When true reality sets in, we show just how little faith we have in the Lord and His instruction manual for us. We fool ourselves into saying that we are saved and yet we live a life of complete opposition to the very things that God asks of us. Yes it is Grace that saves us and not works, yet the fruit of the Spirit will show in a saved person's actions. Saved people don't doubt God and His Word. Saved people don't live a life in opposition to God and then make excuses for it. Saved people don't see God and the Bible as theory but as a fact that cannot be compromised!

No comments:

Post a Comment